Right on time, and just in time for the first day of FOSDEM 2014, we have the great pleasure of announcing Mageia 4. We’re still having a grand time doing this together, and we hope you enjoy this release as much as we’ve enjoyed making it. And if you’re at FOSDEM, come and help us celebrate!
To dive right in if you can’t wait: download now, read the Release Notes, or check how to upgrade from Mageia 3. And you can find all the information on Mageia 4.
What’s new in Mageia 4?
Take a look at the complete list of packages upgraded from Mageia 4, by checking the Mageia Apps Database. See all the new and updated applications in Mageia 4, or check which packages have new versions. Our thanks go to Stormi for this amazing resource!
Major new features
- Updates to RPM (4.11) and urpmi, which has been given a thorough Mageia turnout and cleanup
- Kernel 3.12
- systemd 208
- GRUB is the default bootloader; GRUB2 is available to test.
- Revamped package groupings for installation and rpmdrake
- KDE 4.11
- GNOME 3.10
- Xfce 4.10, Mate 1.6 and Cinnamon 2.0
- Libreoffice 126.96.36.199
- Experimental UEFi Support
- FullHD+ resolution support
- oh, and the neat new Mageia Welcome!
via Repo Unnes (Dual Arch x86_64 & i586 DVD Classic Installer ISO)