APKTool version 2.0, Tool for Reverse Engineering APK Files is Released
The APKTool version 2.0.0 is released on April 21, 2015. This encridble and simple tool to reverse engineering an APK files is one of the most Android Hacker must have tools.
On this version 2.0.0, some feature is introduced:
- Android 5.1 Support
- New Apktool website since Googlecode is shutting down.
- #658– Fixed issue with double escaping of & and <. (Thanks jhornber)
- #840 – Add support for BCP-47 tags.
- #878 – Fixed issue with unknown files not respecting compression method. (Thanks simtel12)
- #890 – Fixed issue with apktool branding apks with platformBuildName.
- #904 – Fixed issue with multiple dex files skipped when using -s.
- #636 – Fixed issue with @string references in <provider> attributes.
- Increased performance. (Thanks thuxnder & rover12421)
- Fixed issue decoding `.spi` files as 9 patch images.
You can download this tool via BitBucket.