Dream Studio Linux 11.10 Released
DickMacInnis.com is proud to announce the official release of Dream Studio 11.10. This exciting new version of Dream Studio (dream.dickmacinnis.com) has all the features that have made past releases one of the most successful multimedia software packages out there, including: multi-user, pulseaudio-integrated realtime audio via JACK, for use with programs like Ardour; the renowned Cinelerra video editor, a full graphic and web design suite; photography tools; and hundreds of assorted audio and video effects, fonts, and utilities for everything from multimedia file conversion to simple office work and web browsing. Not only that, but this latest version of Dream Studio also included hundreds of bug fixes and the following new features:
- A new default UI theme which supports not only the default Unity desktop, but alternative environments such as XFCE, LXDE, Gnome2, and Openbox as well
- An Ubuntu 11.10 base, with GTK3 by default, a more up-to-date base system, and a variety of newly available packages in the Software Center
- The addition of several new lenses, including runlens (http://shuffleos.com/4074/runlens-alternative-unity-application-lens/) which is installed by default, google-docs lens, books lens, and many more (available through the Software Center)
- Kazam screencasting and Shutter screenshot apps are installed by default to make Dream Studio easier to review
- Gnome-sushi has replaced covergloobus for file previewing
As always, Dream Studio is based on Ubuntu, and as such is 100% compatible with ubuntu software, PPAs, and support forums and documents.
To download Dream Studio 11.10, CLICK HERE
– This is the last version of Dream Studio which will be released on a six month schedule. New releases starting with 12.04 will be released bi-annually, with rolling updates and new features added every six months.
via DreamStudio by Dick Macinnis