Linux Mint 11 Gnome Review
Every day more users are switching over to Linux Mint, and Mint 11 proves to be the best release thus far. Loads of new features and improvements will keep you entertained and the integrity of Mint 11 stands among the greatest distributions. The whole Mint 11 Katya interface is extremely polished and user-friendliness is always a primary concern. The software manager received the bulk of the attention with this release, and getting new software is easier than ever. So if your current distribution just wont play nice there has never been a better time to try Linux Mint. First I will cover all the changes pertaining to Mint 11 Gnome, but I plan to review the LXDE, Xfce, KDE, and Debian releases very soon as well.
Mint 11 Gnome Features
- The welcome screen now offers the ability to upgrade to the from the liveCD to the DVD edition.
- You can also install multimedia codecs from the welcome screen.
- The software manager has been vastly improved, experience faster speeds and a re-designed interface.
- receive faster package updates with the update manager.
- Now you can turn off the terminal fortune cookies easily using the desktop settings tool, this means no more funny quotes in your terminal.
- The Mint-X theme now looks better with many of the popular installed applications.
Mint 11 Gnome Applications
- Nautilus 184.108.40.206
- Banshee Media Player 2.0
- GIMP 2.6.11
- Transmission Bit Torrent Client 2.13
- LibreOffice 3.3.3
- Firefox 6.0
- Pidgin Instant Messaging Client 2.7.11
- gThumb Image Viewer 2.13.1 more…