ZevenOS 3.1 is Released
The Neptune team is proud to announce the release of Neptune 3.1 (Codename “Brotkasten”).
We worked hard and spend a lot of effort in creating this service release for Neptune 3.0. So if you like it please consider donating to us a small amount of money so we can further develop and strenghtens our efforts.
This release features the linux kernel 3.9.2 and is exclusively meant to run on 64bit CPUs. The Debian base system was updated to the released version 7.0 wheezy to provide a stable user experience. The KDE Plasma Desktop ships with version 4.10.3. Chromium was updated to version 26, Kdenlive 0.9.6, Amarok 2.7.1 and LibreOffice to version 4.0.3. We ship with the latest and greatest multimedia codecs preinstalled aswell as the flashplayer. For wireless diagnosis we ship Wireshark, Aircrack-ng and kismon.
The changes in an overview:
- New kernel 3.9.2
- KDE SC 4.10.3 with customized notification center
- updated Debian base to 7.0 Wheezy
- Added f2fs filesystem support
- Upgraded Gparted to handle new filesystems and load faster
- fixed zevenos-hardwaremanager
- Updated LibreOffice to version 4.0.3
- Added knetworkmounter
- Added Apper as default software center
- Updated Amarok to version 2.7.1
- Updated Kdenlive to version 0.9.6
- Downgraded muon to a working version of 1.4
- Enabled Multiarch
- ISO is now build as hybridiso so it can be dd’ed onto a usb stick