Manjaro Linux KDE 0.8.9 is Available!
We are happy to announce our first release candidate of Manjaro KDE Edition.
The KDE edition, featuring KDE 4.12.1, was designed to get all Windows users a new home here at Manjaro. We gave this edition a sleak new look to match look and feel to our other editions. With Turbulence you can customize your installation now even more. KDE-Connect will handle your Android phone. Share your files and even control your desktop with your pone. Everything you expect from KDE can be found on this install media.
Turbulence started as a tool to customize various aspects of your operating system at first boot for the KDE desktop. Similar to Chakra’s kapudan, written in QT and Python, Turbulence is completely unique to Manjaro. Turbulence can be also found in our Openbox Edition.
Some of it’s features are:
- Sleak gray graphical layout
- Provides information of Manjaro to new users
- Can allow the user to easily select which Folders he wants in his home directory
- Allows users to select which theme they want for Kwin (KDE)
- Allows users to select which wallpaper they want (KDE/Openbox)
- Allows users to chose where to place your tint2 panel (Openbox)
- Can also allow people to open system settings after they’ve ran through
- everything else to set any last minute details
- linux310 3.10.27-1
- KDE 4.12.1
- turbulence 0.2.5-1
- systemd 208-10
- mhwd 0.3.2
- octopi 0.3.1rc2-1
- octopi-notifier 0.3.1rc2-1
- vlc 2.1.2-3
- amarok 2.8.0-2
- thus 0.8.9rc1-1
- manjaro-settings-manager 0.1.3-3
- kio-sysinfo 1366846-2
- latest drivers
- kio-mtp 0.75-1 (for android file transfer)
- kdeconnect 0.4.2-1 (for android phones remote control,