The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 15 “Olivia” RC.
Linux Mint 15 Olivia
Linux Mint 15 is the most ambitious release since the start of the project. MATE 1.6 is greatly improved and Cinnamon 1.8 offers a ton of new features, including a screensaver and a unified control center. The login screen can now be themed in HTML5 and two new tools, “Software Sources” and “Driver Manager”, make their first appearance in Linux Mint.
New features at a glance:
- Software Sources
- Driver Manager
- Cinnamon 1.8
- MATE 1.6
- Software Manager
- System Improvements
- Artwork Improvements
- Upstream Components
For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 15“.
- MDM issues
- PAE required for 32-bit ISOs
- GnomePPP and local repository
Make sure to read the “Release Notes” to be aware of important info or known issues related to this release.
- x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
- 512 MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 5 GB of disk space
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD/DVD drive or USB port
Please report any bug you may find by leaving a comment on this blog.
- Cinnamon 32-bit: 2a7c37ca1dd3d2b26924402d7018b5c1
- Cinnamon 64-bit: 48ecdc03eaa6c497fa8bab3f937c4364
- MATE 32-bit: 793d1a3e6e82938ff56fdc9fad225916
- MATE 64-bit: 634f6476a6a62bdbc2d997bb196ea78a